Farmington Hills Family Law Attorneys
At Spindler, Nausieda & Associates, we have a simple objective: to provide the most effective legal representation available, while serving our clients with compassion and integrity. We understand the importance of resolving your family law concerns as promptly and favorably as possible. Clients and legal professionals recognize us for our clear communication, our vigorous representation and our knowledgeable approach to helping you find the best possible resolution to your divorce or related family issue.
Contact our Howell family law and divorce lawyers today. We have more than 20 years of family law experience handling the following areas:
Divorce — If you are considering filing for divorce, get straight facts from a law firm that provides professional integrity and aggressive representation in every case that we handle. We can also discuss alternatives to divorce, like annulment or separation.
- Marital property — Generally, in Michigan, marital property like retirement assets and real estate is split equally except in extreme examples of fault, including infidelity or inequities in income. We can help uncover hidden assets or separate mixed assets to help ensure a fair property division settlement.
- Child support — Child support is determined by a formula that includes the incomes of both parents. It is meant to provide a certain the standard of living for the child between each parent's household.
- Spousal support — Unlike child support, to determine spousal support, the court considers a variety of spousal support factors to determine the length and amount of alimony.
- Child custody and visitation rights — Under Michigan child custody laws, each parent has the right to be an actively involved parent. The court considers child custody factors when determining custody of the children such as the parenting time and overnight schedule for the parents. We also handle complex child custody issues involving interstate custody and parental kidnapping.
- Child Protective Services — CPS investigations can result from a comment made by your child, a neighbor's child, a complaint by a student and often from false allegations made during a contested divorce. Make sure you have an experienced attorney on your side.
- Stepparent adoption — A stepparent adoption can complete your family and give the stepparent the legal rights necessary to protect and care for the children.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — You can have comfort in knowing that your assets are protected in the event your marriage is unsuccessful.
- Post-judgment modifications and enforcement — Court orders sometimes need to be modified and sometimes need to be enforced. We can help you with any post-judgment motions.
- Foreclosure and bankruptcy in divorce — Before you make a decision about bankruptcy, foreclosure or other financial considerations that may affect your divorce, talk to the attorneys at Spindler, Nausieda & Associates.
- Guardianship — When a child is in danger or has parents who cannot effectively care for him or her, it may be in the child's best interests for a relative or other loved one to take over for the parents and be granted a guardianship.
- Conservatorship — A conservator needs to be appointed if a child receives inherited earns money or other assets.
- Unmarried parents — Our family law attorneys represent unmarried parents in many of the same issues that married parents deal with, including child custody, visitation, child support and more.
Contact Our Michigan Law Firm
For more information or to discuss your concern with an experienced lawyer, contact Spindler, Nausieda & Associates at Spindler, Nausieda & Associates, today. Our office is conveniently located in Milford, Michigan.